Monday, September 10, 2012

You down with RG3? Yeah you know me!

    
    I'm not saying this to jump on the Robert Griffin III bandwagon because I've been watching this horse gallop along since his freshman year at Baylor. Wouldn't have noticed or cared if it wasn't for my friend Jared Maier who was an alum of the Bears. He told me they signed a recruit who was a track star with a cannon for an arm. We all know how most of these guys eventually turn up in the NFL. Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, Pat White, DJ Shockley, Aaron Brooks and the list goes on with names you might have never heard of. These guys were college studs and at one time or another they were productive passers, but never could they be consistent in The League.
     What makes RG3 different? Why can he be one of the successful where so many have failed? That's simple, he's a student of the game as well as a phenomenal athlete. Its one thing to have superior athleticism over your opponent but if you can obtain a mental edge over them as well, you may be unstoppable. I see RG3 as a combination of Cam Newton's athleticism, Tim Tebow's mental toughness, and Arron Rodger's field awareness. If you play NCAA Football or Madden, RG3 is the prototypical QB you try to create.
     Don't get me wrong, he has a lot of learning to do and will go through some difficulty this season. I just feel that he will last. As a football fan all you have to do is answer the question, you down with RG3?

No comments:

Post a Comment