Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympics, here we go...

     I have always been a fan of what the Olympics stands for. Competition on the global stage is great for society. It builds patriotism for your country and you get to know a little bit about other countries. Even people that don't generally care for or watch sports tend to gather with family and friends in front of their TV's to cheer on their favorite countries.

     For some reason this year, I'm not as excited. In the 2008 Beijing games, the story lines seemed to be much more compelling. The ReDeem Team, Michael Phelps quest for 8 gold, or Usain's rise were all my personal favorites. I just don't see the excitement this year. I wish I could get into it but as of right now it's just not happening. Also I'd like to see London top Beijing's opening ceremony. Either way, I hope it's a huge success and we use it as a stress reliever from the many problems facing our world today.   


No comments:

Post a Comment